Love, Laughs, Tickles, Teases. Frogs & Jelly Beans

Friday, May 26, 2006

Legacy Score!

I'm soo very tired. I was completely wiped out yesterday, somehow I mush have gotten something with wheat into me because I was terribly sick for most of the day and maxed out my Lomotil and ended up gulping down some Paregoric. Vile disgusting brew that that is. All I can figure is I must have licked my fingers after feeding the Frog Pizza. So you guessed it..... doubled over with stomach cramps most all day today and hic-cups which is a new symtom that has begun popping up at odd times in the last few weeks. Not nice lady-like ones either....loud obnoxious ones that won't go away. Can you crack a rib from hic-cups?

But the day got better. Once I felt like things were under control. I did manage to get to the bank and go pick up some of the flowers for next week. So many pretty colours it was hard to choose. Even better, I'll be using most of them for a wedding so I don't have to pay for them entirely by myself! I should have gotten back there earlier though, alot of the Pink ones were already sold. Still it's going to look fantabulous!

When I got home we got a wonderful visit from my Uncle Al and Aunt Nancy. They are here from Illinios and came a visiting with Aunt Carla. We talked and chatted for a couple of hours so that was fun. Uncle Al also brought with him a journal of Granny B's full of wonderful stuff in her own handwriting! Score!! A scrapper's treasure trove! It's sort of funny right next to her faded yellow entries, many of which are written in pencil, are neat clean crip pedigree charts my uncle has printed out on the computer and added to show the relationships of those in the photos.

I really need to scan it all in. There is Grandpa B's Patriarchal Blessing completly written out by hand. Some Basic Facts about their early married life and some posterity records. A Few pictures here and there. Apparently genealogy went by the wayside at some point, because Granny only wrote in the 3 oldest grandchildren. Since I'm the oldest my name was there.... Woo Hoo! something else I found out was that Grandpa was Blessed (christened) on my birthday in 1907.

It was so fun to look at! Some entries are dated in the 1930's. I love that scrapbooking lets me preserve the glimpse's into my life... a story in pictures. This blog let's me do the random thoughts that don't seem to come as easily when writing in my journals.



No comments: