Love, Laughs, Tickles, Teases. Frogs & Jelly Beans

Saturday, May 27, 2006

Dinner's Ready


I finally got the Frog ready to face the day. Incredibly excited I then booked it out of the house to make my appointment to create fabulous new meals at My Girl Friend's Kitchen. Never have I had so much fun fixing stuff to eat.

Have I mentioned how much I HATE grocery shopping? It is one of my pet peeves that I go, only to turn round and go again and buy the same stuff over and over. Week after week. Bread, Milk, Eggs, Cheese, Rice cakes, Popcorn and Yogurt in a never ending round. Varied only by a bag of tossed salad, tomatoes and other assorted produce. Complicated now by the Celiac Sprue, Diabetes and endlessly reading the labels to see if this is going to make me sick as well.

And what is up with the Supermarkets? "Yes Mam'am I DO KNOW how to COUNT! This Store unfortunately however, does not!"
Four Self Serve registers open 2 are Express Lane 15 items or less.....3 cashier manned registers are open ALL are Express Lane Designated!!! Where are the lanes for all of us Mormons feeding the hungry hordes of children we are suppossedly popping out indiscrimanantly? Where is the register for those of us obeying the Prophet and stocking up on our two years supply of food in case the end comes tommorrow? Is it any wonder I hate shopping with a Purple Passion?


But today I was the Iron Chef in my own little little Kitchen Stadium! No Shopping! No dicing! Never were my hands or nails in any danger of breaking or getting cut off! Like a busy little Bee, I was buzzing about from station to station. Creating, having Fun! wearing an apron with my own name on it! Treated like the Princess I truly am My Girl Friend's were there with paper towels to wipe up all the messes I was making. All while my kitchen at home remained clean! So fun! So simple! Every step choreographed by experts so that I could be the Star. Then I came home with my 24 meals for $212.13 and filled my freezer. I had such a sense of accomplishment. I am now a gourmet cook I used fresh ginger! I'm am soo going back next month!

Dinner's Ready.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just what is My Girlfriend's Kitchen? At first I thought you were going to a friends house for some kind of kitchen party but at the end of your blog it sounds more like a business or something????