Love, Laughs, Tickles, Teases. Frogs & Jelly Beans

Friday, December 01, 2006

Holiday Edition of Getting to Know You



So I got this in an email yesterday filled it out then thought I haven't posted this week so here it goes
Welcome to the 2006 Holiday Edition of Getting to Know Your Friends! You know the drill. Don't be a scrooge!!!

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Stephen's Mint Truffle Hot Chocolate! Egg Nog is for New Year's Eve

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa wraps everything

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? .White on the Trees, Coloured on the house if I can con someone into putting them up Otherwise it's just lighted garland on the porch.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Always

5. When do you put your decorations up? Well right now the boxes are scattered all over the living room. I don't usually do it til after Festival of Trees visit

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? (excluding dessert) Kitchen Sink Casserole ( it's just a ton of veggies in a chese and curry sauce with/ or with out chicken) but I make it ever year on Christmas Eve for the Frog's B-day for the family dinner at his mom's

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: I was seven and I got a whole set of white cornflower doll dishes with service for eight with all sorts of little molded foods Never seen anything like them ever. I kept them til my Little Sisters grew up enough to take care of them after I was married. Now they are at Grandma's and the Nieces played with them whrn they were little.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I'll always believe........ I still write him a letter every year

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We always opened our matching family PJ's on Christmas Eve as Kids then we'd have to put them on and go caroling round the nieghbourhood.
Now only the Frog opens gifts on Christmas Eve because it's his B-day. Then we go to his Mom's for a Family Christmas Eve party and we exchange gifts so I get a few to open there.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? I used to do a different theme every year. Now I have the LR tree in Santas, Angels and Cherubs on the tree in the bedroom and 12 Days ornaments on the Family room trees. LOL

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? It's definitely a Love/ Hate relationship I love it when I'm inside and hate it whrn I'm outside and shoveling it.

12. Can you ice skate? No I don't do anything that lets my feet skid out from under me, but I do adore watching it.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? It was the best and the worst Christmas of my life. In 1978 I was 17 and my parents gave me a door, all the cool shaking boxes under the tree were door knobs and hinges. Santa brought 5 yards of Royal Blue Velvet that I had to sew into a New Year's Eve dress myself and no new storybook. That was it. That was all I got.
It wasn't til a few years later that I realized what a sacrifice it was to spend that kind of money on just one kid when you have seven to buy for, and that they realized how important a bit of privacy was to a teenage girl who is sleeping in a bedroom in the basement with all 3 little brothers in the next room with a curtain between her and God and everyone.

14. What's the most important thing about Christmas for you? Family and the whole Nativity story.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Is Fudge a dessert? Mincemeat Pie

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Going to the Festival of Trees, Donut Holes for Breakfast on Christmas Day, the Lights on Temple Square on our Anniversary on the 27

17. What tops your tree? Usually a big bow

18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? Recieveing stuff from the Frog. Even though his sisters take him shopping and they have my Santa letter he always surprises me with something he thought of by himself.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Any of the Forgotten Carols and Donny Osmond's Mary Did You Know?

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? YUM! Santa brings the peppermint canes and hangs them on the tree. When they are all gone the tree comes down, But then I also like Fruitcake LOL

No comments: