Love, Laughs, Tickles, Teases. Frogs & Jelly Beans

Monday, December 04, 2006

What's up with the Frog?

I'd talked with his Dr at the U and he had orders in place for the Frog to be admitted because of the labwork done last week while we were there, but when I called the ambulance for a transport they didn't feel he was stable enough to take him clear across town. So Steve was taken to Pioneer Valley. At the ER there they finally got things settled a bit and called for a transport but when they arrived his blood pressure had dropped again. This time to 40 and his heart rate just sped way up. He also wasn't getting enough oxygen and was having troubles breathing so the decision was made to admitt him there rather than send him across town. Once all the blood work and stuff came back everyone seemed to agree that he has some type of systemic infection going on but wether it is from a UTI, the pressure sores we've been fighting for the last few weeks or the puemonia that he also seems to have gotten we aren't sure.
So he is in the ICU there and is very very sick. He has had a couple of blessings over the last few weeks but we had our dear friend Dennis and Steve's nephew Justin give him another one tonite. Justin will be entering the MTC next week so he had the opportunity to to give his first blessing...... and it was beautiful..... but really enforced the fact that the veil is getting very thin and I won't have him with me much longer.
Thanks for your thoughts and prayers. I'll keep you posted.


Sunday night/Monday Am
Stephen (aka the Frog~) sat up for a bit today and actually ate something.. True it was only some Ensure and a bit of Scrambled Eggs & Waffles but that's a " big improvement" over nothing at all. He even managed a bit of pasta and Ice cream.. His blood pressure is still weird and he is still recieveing a booster drug that needs to be closely monitered so he is still in the ICU at Pioneer Valley with no idea when or even if he is going to be transferred up to the Re-Hab Unit at the U.

Quite frankly I'm rather enjoying being only a few minutes from home. Y'all know how I hate driving the freeways at night. They were'nt quite so strict today about his visitors either so that made it a bit nicer as well. Though they were a bit snotty about kicking me out after visiting hours were over tonite.

Big Little Brother brought me a cell phone yesterday so even though I can't have it on in the ICU I'm checking it every couple of hours and getting some messages. I'm still trying to figure it out, so if you don't hear back try the house I've got that voice mail completely masterd. The Cell sort of scares me a bit when it rings. I'm soo not a techno geek.
I'm doing okay....a bit stressed which is causing the Chron's to act up with some truly awful cramping but otherwise I'm fine just took my Paregoric and Endocort and they've kicked in so I'm off to bed B4 I fall over

No comments: