Love, Laughs, Tickles, Teases. Frogs & Jelly Beans

Friday, December 15, 2006

If You've Never Been Frog Kissin!,You Don't Know What You're Missin"




email sent Monday Dec 4th
first the good news
He is out of the ICU.... off some of the blood pressure crap and in a regular room.
Now the bad news
I'm sick!! tossing my cookies, horrible knots in my tummy, fever and chills. Called the Dr who called in some medicine for me and I get to go see her tommorrow. Meanwhile my cousin Craig picked up the prescription for me after going to see the Frog when he got off work. His son Aaron is leaving on his LDS mission to Uraguay next week so it makes it extra special that he took the time to stop in and see us both with all he's got going on to home.
Meanwhile the Frog's Dr's are a bit concerned that now he is all re-hydrated that his kidneys are not putting out very well. One thing after another. Welcome to my world.


email sent Thursday Dec 7th
the Frog.................. after 48 hours on the antibiotic I can go see him today! Woo Hoo!
Strep sucks!
His Dr's say I'll have to wear a mask for a couple more days but I don't have to completely stay away. No news on when or if he gets to come home. They are talking of discharging him to a care facility. I wish they'd just write the orders for Hospice here. He hated it so bad the last time. Today he gets some more X-rays to see if the PUmonia has cleared up any and they are doing an MRI to compare with his last one to see where we are on any new MS leisions. I'll keep ya posted. Thank goodness I'm starting to feel a bit better. Love, Love, Love my Visiting Teacher she came and cleaned a bit while I was so punky feeling.


email sent Friday Dec 8th
Yipee! the Frog is out of the hospital.
Unfortuantely he is in Holiday Care Center for the foreseeable future. Like until after Christmas maybe. Booby Hoo Booby Hoo
It's a bit better than the one he was in B4. Lots cleaner and doesn't smell too much like old people. I don't get why they didn't think I could take care of him better here but the insurance won't pay for extra home visits for IV meds. Evil, Nasty, Bloodsuckers that they are.
The problem is it's clear up on Holiday Blvd. Not good to go clear to 2300 East when you live on 8370 West and drive a gas guzzler like mine.
His roommate seems nice enough. He is actaully a bit younger than Steve and has some type of spinal injury. His name is Peter but he knows only a little English. He was speaking in one of the Scandinavin languages on the phone to someone when we got there. He sounded a lot like Uncle Chris, so I think maybe Danish? Anyway someone who says Ja for yes a lot.


email sent Tuesday Dec 12th

I need some more prayers.
My Frog Charming took a turn for the worst last night. I woke to a ringing phone and the Dr calling to ask what I wanted to do. He was doing fine on Monday evening but got sick to his tummy and things just cascaded down from there. early Tuesday morning. If they can work things out with the Insurance, the Dr.s & Hospice and it's resonably safe to move him then I'll be bringing him home.
If not then he'll be getting hospice there at the Care center. His fever was up high most of the day but broke around 6:30pm. When I left to come home for some rest about an hour ago he was able to talk very clearly for a tiny bit. He kept running out of breath even though he's getting enough oxygen to blowup the building if somone lit a match.
His poor body is so very tired, but that spirit of his keeps on wanting to fight and tuff it out. He's not in any pain but his lungs are filling with fluid and they are trying to knock back the infection with some stronger antibiotics. His heart rate was near normal after being dangeroulsy high all day. He and I both had blessings this afternoon that were very special and very specific to each of us and our needs now. My head knows it's finally time to 'Let Go and Let God" but my heart is finding it terribly difficult to do. So much for telling yourself you're prepared......... you're so Not.


email sent Thursday Dec 14th
My Frog is now home and "Seeing Christmas" like he wanted to do. He came home a little after 2pm today. and immediately got visited by his family and old friends. He was doing pretty well just a bit tired from all the excitement of coming home and getting settled in.
After tripping over things for the last 2 weeks my VT and the RS Presidency came over and set up the tree and all 130 plus Santas in the living room
The Little Angel Tree is set up on the cedar chest in our room right where he can see it, along with the Nativity waterglobe he gave me last year. On the wall above are the framed postcards that spell out Faith, Hope and Love. I never really noticed B4 or maybe I noticed but didn't pay attention. I discovered there are little cherubs holding the letters. So Angels are literally watching over him.
More proof of that has been coming in over the last day. Just enough apart that you sort of get to savor each one as the miracle it is before the next one happens and catches you by surprise again. There was a problem with the hospital bed we ordered being delivered on time, the Hospice case worker made another call and called me back that the bed would have to come from another company but would be here in the next hour. About the time I started to get anxious about the time and called a friend to come accept delivery on it.......here it was along with Melissa to make it up and set things round to be comfortable to visit with him.
Big Little Brother has been able to arrange things at his work to take off the time to see to details...........like making sure he does the driving when I had a little low blood sugar episode today.
Middle Little Brother gave his boss a heads up yesterday and a couple hours later was told that when he needed to leave a plane ticket would be there for him by the time he got to the airport.
Shortly after we got him home, Baby Sis called and said "I'm in Spokane and about to get on the plane It lands at 5 can someone pick me up?" Her boss had packed a lunch, driven her from Pullman into Spokane and even gave her some cash since she knew Tracy hadn't had time to stop at an ATM. She's here now safe and sound after a midnight run to Wally world for a few things I'd forgotten about.
Little Sis, Middle Sis and Baby Brother are all ready to drop everything and come as well. Even my Aunt called and said she could cut their road trip short and be on a plane home in a matter of a few hours.
Then BLB's boss called him to tell him that he'd gotten the payroll dept to cut his Christmas bonus check early so that funds would be avilable if needed for tickets for my folks and any other expenses that will be involved that hadn't already been planned for.
God is so very good to us. Thanks to your prayers which He is hearing and answering, He knows our needs before I even have a chance to know I need them.
I Love having such miracles as these a part of my life. I'd been taking a bit too much for granted lately and I guess I needed a slap or 2 upside the head, too bad it was with such a long 2x4.

No comments: