Love, Laughs, Tickles, Teases. Frogs & Jelly Beans

Monday, December 18, 2006

Ups and Downs

I have been constantly reminded over the last few days of how very much we are loved. How much of an impact that my dear Frog has had on those around us. As each day brings new challenges and worries. I also get new insights into what a strong and valiant spirit that my Frog has. How many lives he has touched for good......and as my BIL Hal put it last night......how he has born his Testimony to others throughout the years without even saying a word. What a blessing it has been to even play a small part in his life.
How very grateful I am to have been asked to share his life with him. What an honour and a privilege it has it has actually been. I journaled alot about the bad times and the difficulties we've gone thru, but I never really expressed in some of those pages the high points. The oftimes quirky sense of humor he brings to the things that he can accomplish. I missed recording some of those moments and now they are gone forever. Remembered only by the angels of heaven.
We had quite a few visitors last night. The young men brought the Sacrament in. Later on Humberto Puchea stopped by, visited a bit then came back with a lovely rice pudding and a cake, along with something he called Cha-chita for Stephen to drink and try and keep down, made with ricemilk and a bit of cinnamon that is very common remedy for those with stomach problems in his native Veneuzela.
What an extrordinary and humble man. How I love him and his family!! They are such an example of faith, giving of their time and talents so very generously to us. It was such an awesome gesture on his part. I remember when he was out of work in 2001 and how he came in on the days I worked and bathed and dressed Steve so tenderly. Fixed him lovely little lunches and then made dinner too so I wouldn't have to. So willing to serve his fellow man when he had the trial of providing for his own family.
Melissa came by when I needed to drive Baby Sis to the airport. A real adventure in the snow and fog. BLB was going to come from Lehi to take her but called to say he had about 16" of snow and it was still coming down hard. I took the opportunity to get the Frog some liquid Tylenol on the way home. Melissa and Dennis said it was okay an "Ox in the Mire" situation or in this case a Frog in the Mud. LOL. He did much better.
Then Kathy, Hal and the kids brought out Lila my MIL for a visit. Hal and I talked awhile, we made a couple of changes to the plan but it will be so much the better for it I think. I just hope I'm able to accomplish what he asked,


No comments: