Love, Laughs, Tickles, Teases. Frogs & Jelly Beans

Sunday, December 24, 2006

Hoppy Birthday Frog Charming



My friend TC did a trading page for me this summer with the title "My Frog Charming".

A Trading Page in Scrapbooking terms is just that. You send me your pictures and I send you mine and we both make pages for each others scrapbooks. It was so cute!! She even cut out little frogs and put them across the page.

Today is my Frog's 49th birthday. It will be his last.

For 27 years we have spent it together and I'm so very grateful that this one is no different. He is home. He is here with me. He most likely won't be able to swallow any pecan pie ( he rather have that than BDay cake anyday) and doesn't have the strength to blow out so many candles but this is what he wanted.

I woke to find him already awake and lying in the dark. He said he'd been laying there for hours just thinking. I asked him what about and I know he lied when he said " getting back to sleep". Funny how that works.......you live and love someone for so long you really DO know what they are thinking.

I'm going to miss him so very very much. Watching him slip away is almost more than I can stand to bear. He is so very skinny and he has no muscle left at all. his skin doesn't seem to want to accept any extra moisture and is very dry and paper thin.

How I love him.

We've had some good conversations but they tire him out so that I've tried not to let them go on to long. He asked if he'd get to run and finish a marathon in heaven and Blane and I told him we were sure he would be so busy running back and forth he wouldn't even know how slowly the time was passing for us here. Stephen knows he is going and he is so prepared to do whatever the Lord asks of him. I only wish I were that ready for him to leave.

I think of how I used to fall apart over getting my period after some of those fertility treatments we tried years ago and how awful I felt. That was nothing compared to this pain.

So Hoppy Birthday My Darling Frog Charming! Soon the witches evil spell will be broken and you'll turn back into my Prince and be running again. Know that I love you more than I can say, you are the very best part of me.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

*through tears* Oh Vicky, sweetheart. I can not imagine the pain of watching your sweetheart slip away. That is so horrible. We have an understanding that he is going to be so much better off but that doesn't take away the horrible gut wrenching pain. Vicky, just know that I love you and wish you tremendous comfort.

Teri