Love, Laughs, Tickles, Teases. Frogs & Jelly Beans

Friday, December 29, 2006

BLESSING's of COMFORT & JOY

You know how sometimes you get a thought in your head and it will not will not go away? That's what I've been experiencing for days now. I've known for days that I need to record all these memories while they are still fresh but a blog seem a bit to public so I haven't. Only I can't seem to find my journal. So here it goes...not my usual funny but my deep thoughts.

A few years ago a friend of mine gave a beautiful December Christmas lesson in RS about putting more " JOY" into our lives. She pointed out that the "J" in JOY stood for Jesus and how we all need to take the time to aknowledge him and his attoning sacrifice for us in our lives in the little every day moments we all seem to take for granted. The "O" stood for others and how we grow to love those we make the time to give service to. The "Y" stands for You or Yourself. How if we are to have true JOY we need to put ourselves first in things once in awhile just to replenish our own souls and spirits to face the challenges of everyday life.

She pointed out that all 3 things need to find a balance if we are to have joy in our lives. Ever since I've tried to follow her advice and every year at Christmas I find the little pin she gave to each of us as a Remembrance. I try hard so I don't get so caught up with the hectic pace of the Season that I forget the reason we have it in the first place.

The other night I met with a very special man. One I know is called of God to be in this position at this time. I recieved my reccommend to attend the Temples of the Lord from him. but I also recieved a special blessing at his hands, one that of course made me bawl like a baby but it gave me such comfort. I know I will have strength to get thru the next few weeks and beyond because of the words of the blessing he felt inspired to give me that night.
Sometimes I wish we recorded those blessings like we record those from the Patriarch, so that we can refer to them later and use them as a guide. I know though that sometimes it's Not the Words that are spoken but the feelings and emotions that are conveyed directly to our spirits that bring us the most Peace to our soul, Comfort to our minds and Joy to our hearts. How blessed I feel to have this knowledge now......... when I need it the most........ that I AM a Daughter of God who loves me and wants only the best for me.

I'm in awe of the Testimony of my beloved Frog. He has taught so much in our time together but never more than in these last few weeks. Sometimes I feel so overwhelmed with everything that is to come but he has made it so easy for me to know his wants and needs and be guided by the decisions he as already made and put into place. Hal said that Steve has born his Testamony over and over without uttering a word and he is so right. My Frog may not have made 'his mark on the world' but he has certainly left his mark on us that know and love him. He is the best Gift ever.

No comments: