Love, Laughs, Tickles, Teases. Frogs & Jelly Beans

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Turkey Day


It's not a Tradition to go round the table and saying what you are grateful for at my MIL's, (which is where we will be today) so I thought I'd post it here.

First I'm thankful to live in a country where I am free to worship, live, and pursue my dreams whatever they are. I'm thankful to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of LatterDay Saints. I'm grateful for the scriptures which bring peace and comfort to my heart and soul and that I live where I can read them openly.

Next I'm thankful for this time with my beloved Frog. I know that the only reason he is alive now is because I've been home with him these last 2 years. It was brought home in a big way just the other day up at the hospital.

Third, I'm thankful for my family and friends, who support me in ways big and small to be able to do #2 on my list. What a blessing and support system they all are for me. I'm thankful I have a group of neighbours who call the minute the ambulance turns into our street to see what they can do to help us.

Fourth I'm thankful for my home, which shelters me from storm, wind and rain. I love my little cottage at the bottom of the mountain, weeds, dings and all. (I'd love it even more if were actually clean but that's a different post.)

Then I'm thankful for my talents whichI take for granted sometimes, but that I've been able to share with friends and family this month. I'm also grateful for their talents, and the ways they share them to bless my life.

Next I'm thankful for the opportunity to make my voice heard to the leaders of my country by my power to vote them out of office. To let them know if I'm not satisfied by the job they are doing and to give them a pat by the power of one vote.

And finally I'm thankful that I know what a precious gift that this life is...that I've learned to laugh thru tears and sorrow, to live in the moment.


No comments: