Love, Laughs, Tickles, Teases. Frogs & Jelly Beans

Thursday, November 09, 2006

What to Do? What to Do?

So there we were up at the hospital again and it was SNOWING!!
I am so not ready for winter or anything like it.
I figured out that I have about 6 weeks til Christmas and that doesn't sound fun either....So not looking forward to it this year.
Twenty Seven years on December 27.
Christmas Eve he will be 49.
the Frog was so dehydrated today that they had to give him an IV before they could find a decent vein to do his blood work. He's been bruising so easy now too because of it, but he's sleeping anywhere from 15 to 20 hours a day...how can I make him drink more? I think we may have to do something more drastic soon if this keeps up. He's lost another 5 pounds so he's now all of 112. No wonder his tummy is concave and his hip bones are sticking out.... yesterday all he ate was applesauce and a couple of corndogs. Today some rice and beans and a couple glasses of milk.
I hate that he's fading faster. I think it was easier to deal with the progression than to see this slipping everyday a bit more. One of those so close to the problem you don't see it til you get away for a bit...you could fool yourself into thinking you were making a difference. Not anymore. Sometimes I think if we could just get even one of the pressure sores to heal he'd do better. I don't see it happening though. I'm guessing our next trip he'll be admitted with another raging UTI.
This is a depressing mood... Sorry just sounding off.

No comments: