Love, Laughs, Tickles, Teases. Frogs & Jelly Beans

Monday, September 25, 2006

Democrat or Republican?

I'm the first to admit that I'm an extremely opinionated broad and usually don't have any trouble being heard but lately things are becoming a bit crazy.
Daddy always said growing up that we couldn't bitch about our goverment officials..... Unless I excersized my right to vote. So I vote in every election from water district to dog catcher.
I vote in primary and the general elections, so I guess that's where it started but this weekend I've had calls from both the Republicans and the Democrats wanting me to contribute to the cause. They were both a bit put out when I explained that I swing both ways. LOL
I VOTE ISSUES not parties and I'm proud of that!!!
Then this probably ten year old pimply faced twit doing the calling tells me that here in Utah we have to DECLARE our party affiliation and can no longer vote in both primaries but must choose. I liked whittiling out the chaff...I don't want to choose. I want to remain Strictly Miss Independant!! In a mostly Republican state I like to vote Democratic once in awhile. It shakes things up. It keeps everyone on their toes and It makes me feel like I'm in control once in awhile.
Soo for all of you who know me....and my loudly and sometimes longly voiced opinions
Am I a Democrat or a Republican?

1 comment:

janalee said...

Ooooh, Independent, baby!! I'm officially registered as Democrat [my dh is SO Republican...]
But I get what you mean about voting in both primaries.
My biggest beef right now is those incumbents [who shall remain nameless, but should be ashamed of themselves] who cannot even be bothered to put up a website stating their views on current issues. hmmph!