Love, Laughs, Tickles, Teases. Frogs & Jelly Beans

Friday, November 05, 2010

My Door is Open

About a month ago I got a bee in my bonnet and decided to freshen up the front door. Down came the grapevine, the Ivy garland and the Forsythia blossoms. I hosed down the entire front of the house and got rid of a multitude of spider webs dead leaves and DIRT. There was alot of Dirt. It hides in the weird texture of the siding in unexpected corners  and sticks to the house. Then I noticed that the door itself was looking pretty sad too. Off I went and bought some paint.
Red paint. Not a Burgundy or Old Barn colour but Fire Engine Red. Huge departure for me. We'll have to see how that's going to work. I didn't want to spend all day choosing then mixing paint. All that was fine when I worked there but not now.
One coat down.
2 to go.
I bought a cute Welcome Basket to hang on the door when I'm done. you'll probably get a look at it next spring at the rate my household projects are going.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

how fun. Hope things are going well for you!