Love, Laughs, Tickles, Teases. Frogs & Jelly Beans

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Who needs Pumpkin Pie??

Well I do for one. It’s definitely NOT Thanksgiving for me without Pumpkin pie.  Nothing makes me feel so deprived of good things to eat like missing out on the pies during the Holidays. I can live without rolls,  I can make great Gluten Free Cornbread Dressing but I miss pie.

Sooo what to do to get that much needed Holiday taste in my mouth? I invented

Super Cinchy Devilishly Delectable Pumpkin Pecan Cheesecake

1 can of Libby’s Pumpkin (29 oz.)

1 1/2 cups sugar

1 tsp. salt

1 tsp. ground ginger

2 tsp. ground cinnamon

1/2 tsp. ground cloves

4 large eggs, beaten

Mix together thoroughly then slowly add

2 cans evaporated milk (12 oz.)

Pour it into 2 9” Deep Dish pie pans and bake according to the directions on the can. Let cool completely or even overnight in the fridge before gently blotting the “sweat” off the cooled custard.

Let

1 big tub Philadelphia Cheesecake filling, divided(it’s either by the cream cheese or by the Cool Whip)

soften a bit to room temp (it will spread easier). Layer should be about 1 inch thick. Drizzle on

1 jar Caramel Ice Cream topping then

Decorate the top with

15-20 Candied Pecan halves

Chill til just before serving

This is so yummy and it looks great!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Where are the pics?