Love, Laughs, Tickles, Teases. Frogs & Jelly Beans

Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Sounds of the Seasons or the Short End of the Stick

One of my favourite radio stations is now playing Christmas music practically non-stop. Hello out there? We barely got done with Halloween and all of those Pumpkin Carols that you play for the Trickey Treaters. I of course am a traditionalist and only play the older stuff.....Shiverey Yells, There is a Graveyard Far Away, Sprits That We Heard On High, The Grim Reaper is Coming to Town and my personal favourite Trick or Treat. which sounds a little like Jingle Bells til you really listen to the words.
Last Friday stores were having Early Black Friday Sales.....WTH? As if one black Friday isn't enough for the Annual Crookston Great Christmas Shop.....which I've only done three times in all the years I've been a Crookston. All that shopping kicks some serious butt.
What happened to Thanksgiving? What happened to the only Holiday where the only decisions are how to time the meal, your nap and the football game you just have to watch? The menu is already planned for you Turkey, Stuffing, Gravy, Mashed Potatoes, Green Bean Casserole,  Candied Yams and Pie and no gifts are exchanged other than the recipe for your world famous Kitchen Sink Casserole. Next thing you know there won't be a Macy's Thanksgiving Parade! Even worse, we'll have to start washing our own cars because the High School Marching Band isn't trying to raise the money to go and be in the parade.

So in no particular order here are my favourite hymns of Thanksgiving.

Do You Smell What I Smell?
All Come, Get a Plate Full
Dark the Drumstick, Neck and Wings
Angels Eat a Bird on High
Good King Applesauce
Carol of the Belch
and just for fun All I Want for Christmas is Mylanta, Please.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dang I miss you! You crack me up! And I AGREEE!!!!!!!

janalee said...

*giggles hysterically*
Oh, I sure needed those holiday-themed carols!