Love, Laughs, Tickles, Teases. Frogs & Jelly Beans

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Dancing but not with the Stars

Yes, you read that right. It says dancing. Something I haven’t done in public in 30 years

In all fairness Teresa did call and remind me earlier that this was the weekend I’d sort of promised to go to a Singles Dance with her. She’s been bugging me about it off and on for about a year or so now.

So after spending Saturday afternoon Taste Testing with Cami and the kiddos at the first ever Gluten Free Expo. A lot of new stuff some of which was really good and some really bad and all more expensive than regular food. When I got home I worked on my lesson for Sunday I tried to make that last a long time but it didn’t fly as a valid excuse since she knows I teach every other week. Last weekend was General Conference so I had almost 3 weeks to get it done.

I tried a bunch of other good excuses like I had to wear a dress…..no I didn’t. Wear makeup….I already had it on. Wash my hair, do my homework, walk the dog, watch TV, re-grout the shower, paint the front door, change the batteries in the smoke detectors…..you know the usual stuff. Teresa called to say she was picking me up at 8:15 no more stalling.

So we go. It was reasonably decent music with video screens and I did get asked to dance. One guy looked at me weird when I asked his name and asked me why I wanted to know. WTH! are you kidding me? I’m supposed to just walk out there and have anonymous gyrations with you?

Then Teresa and her cousin Wendi went to the restroom and this other guy asked me to dance.  The music turned to a slow dance and he wanted to double clutch and about 1/2 way thru that song he said something like Wanna come home with me?? NOT!! I just walked off the floor, waited for Teresa to come back and watched the clock til we could go home.

There were some fun moments watching the other dancers but never again!! 

Did I mention that it cost $9.00 to get in?

4 comments:

Jeanette said...

Anonymous gyrations, loooooooove it!

and WTH??? Someone asked you to go home with him? Was this a church dance? Holy Crap! I would have smacked him!

VanC said...

It was not sponsered by the church but it was for LDS Single Adults. Teresa said there are a lot of women that are so lonely, they do invite a guy home. One couple was making out like crazy on the dance floor and they did leave together. The whole night was sort of surreal, very uncomfortable I clearly didn't belong.

Unknown said...

WOW what an experience!!!! they should make a movie about single dances hahahaha

Christy said...

More like dancing with the nightmares!! I was also going to comment on anonymous gyrations!! Ha ha!