Love, Laughs, Tickles, Teases. Frogs & Jelly Beans

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

eBay Score!!

I know I've been a bit carried away with Craig's List lately. In fact it has become an obession. I just have to look I check it out Before I even read my email. After all there may be something wonderful on my next click to see the photo of whatever is being sold.
You may remember my recent coup at finding a Claw Foot Tub. Did I mention in the post that it was missing the actual feet? Nope. Well it was. So I'm currently scouring the web for feet to go on my steal of a deal $100.00 tub. After all it's terribly hard to brag about having a claw footed tub if it has no claws, Right? Right.
It also needs a faucet and drain. Not Cheap but then I knew that. The least expensive one at Lowe's that I could kinda sorta stand to to look at every morning and/or night was $200.00 just for the faucet. The drains ran about $60.00. No big problem I sort of expected to pay more to hook it all up than I'd paid for it. After all I had a faucet installed last year when I bid on "Hire a Husband" at the Boy Scout Fundraiser (whole 'nother story there). But they had no feet less than $425.00!!!! WTH is up with that?
So being the incredibly tight-fisted cheapskate that my parents (bless them ) raised me to be I sought out another solution. In comes the eBay part of my story......NIB Claw Foot Tub Faucet with Drain Kit!! So I placed my bid.
No sooner did I do that than of course someone bid against me! I then decide that I can afford to bid what the least expensive new one costs So I carefully bid again. Then I looked at the bid history. It was one of the outrageously expensive online eBay stores that was bidding against me. So now I'm on to them.....I waited til late Friday night and put in my max bid six hours before the auction closed figuring they would be closed for the weekend. Well I must have been right because I won!! It's now on it's way and I didn't even pay close to my max. If fact once they added the shipping to the invoice I'm still under Lowe's "Okay if I have to" one by $35.00 I'm doing my happy dance again!! Go Me! Go Me! You're the Princess! You Rock Girl!\
The auction for the feet doesn't end til Wenesday. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: