Love, Laughs, Tickles, Teases. Frogs & Jelly Beans

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Thanks for the Memories

Got asked a question today about the worst meal the Frog ever made and if I was polite enough to at least try to eat it.
Thanks for the Memory......
The Frog got laid off from his job 2 weeks after we got married back in the 1900's (1979). One of my shower gifts was a big box of canned goods from Liz Taylor.......with All labels removed!! For a few weeks we were so broke that we literally each picked a can of something and made dinner out of whatever was in the can.
One night Stephen made dinner while I was still at work....tuna sandwiches and slimey spinach. I HATE Spinach cooked unless it's well hidden in a Artichoke dip and I've only recently decided I like it that way. There is nothing in the world that will get me to eat something that looks like it came from the back end of a cow....except maybe love.
It was so yucky!! He had apparently fixed it with a little vinegar only it was alot more than it needed. So I hurriedly took a bite of my sandwich only it wasn't any kind of tuna I'd ever tasted! Even he agreed that it was awful so we looked at the can again. There on the bottom was stamped Purina......it was cat food!!!
Thirty years later I can still laugh about it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That is hilarious!!!!! MEOWW...

Jeanette said...

Ok, that's just nasty!!!!

What did you end up eating after that?

VanC said...

I think we went over to my folks. I know I called my cousin Craig and told him we had a nice dinner for his Moses Malone Turkey Lake Kitty all ready for him.
I have done the same gift idea more than once over the years but have always only done Campbell's Soups and wrapped the box in the labels.LOL