Love, Laughs, Tickles, Teases. Frogs & Jelly Beans

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Busy Week

Ever take a minute to stop and just be? Not me. At least not this week.
I don't think I really accomplished much of anything around the house except to get some food storage items at Harmons Annual Case Lot sale. That's been my preferred way of canning for the past few years, bye the way. I think I really did well even though I forgot a couple of basics, baking soda and peppercorns....found that out when I went to make cookies on Wenesday. Yes! I have been known upon occaission to bake cookies! I don't like to do it but this was for YW Stake meeting that night.
No worries about the soda I just used baking powder...they came out a bit too crumbly for oatmeal cookies but that could be cuz I packed them full of chocolate chips, raisins and coconut. Did I mention they were Gluten Free? They went very well with our Hot Chocolate Tea Party. Found some darling Pink mugs. Also got everyone feather Boa's and little Tiara's. Even Bishop DeVries wore one. A Boa not a Tiara the man has some pride after all. Bro Heywood from our ward was helping to serve so he even gussied up with a Red feather clip in his hair for the rest of the evening. Don't worry I've got photos to prove it all.
So that was Wenesday.
Monday night I met Teresa and Gavin for dinner at the OLd Spaghetti Factory. It was a really fun visit and really good food and super busy!! Shortly after I got home Trina came in for a visit. I invited her to come to the Draper Temple Open House with me on Tuesday.
So that's what we did on Tuesday. Teresa and Gavin came with us and it was so neat to see his face light up as he recognized pictures he'd seen in Primary. We were quite hungry after dropping them off so we met Craig, Liz and Melanie at Q4U and had a good BBQ dinner. We didn't wait for them to come because we were so hungry but we ordered dessert and had a great cheesecake....Trina ate the crust.
The last couple of days have been hard. Alot of pain so I bailed on Scrapping with Patty last night. Today I've been laying about watching Seasons 1 & 2 of the Tudors and I've taken Lucy out for 2 walks in all the fog. I'm not sure if she is finally getting potty trained or I'm just not catching her peeing on the rugs but the puppy pad isn't getting used except late at night. She just jumps on me and then runs for the door and I let her out. Or I'll catch her staring out the window and wimpering a bit and she goes out and almost immediately does her stuff. Oh The joys of being her human.

No comments: