Love, Laughs, Tickles, Teases. Frogs & Jelly Beans

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Superman Returns

Baby Brother and his wife flew in on Friday from Colorado and we've sure enjoyed their company this weekend. I tease him unmercifully sometimes and he is just as big a tease back at me. Even after almost 3 years I think T wonders what sort of family she got herself into when she married him, but we are growing on her I'm sure. They are such a perfect fit for each other. Both are very athletic and love the outdoors, camping, hiking and skiing. TD is super lucky that he found her to share his life. Now we just need find someone just as wonderful for the other two boys.

We all went to dinner with B last nite, then the Frog and I got treated to movie tickets by T&TD as an early Birthday gift for me and we saw "Superman Returns". It was really good and I really enjoyed it. It's the first time in theatre in about 2 years. The Frog has such an awful time sitting for so long in the old ratty WC we rarely go anymore.

I was amazed at how much like Christopher Lee the guy playing Superman was. It was really a bit scary....but I think Chris would have approved. The Frog was a bit taken aback, having met both Chris and Dana Reeve a couple of different times. He was crying during one scene. No one else will ever really take his place but it's nice to know a wonderful legacy lives on.

We found out a few days ago that another dear friend has lung cancer just like Dana and it seems so unfair. M quit smoking 25 years ago and yet now he is suffering so much, but says he only has to watch S to realize what courage is and seems to have accepted he won't be here much longer. I sort of wish I was in C's shoes. Dying by inches is incredibly slow, and very frustrating to be living with and keep a positive attitude....they say M most likely will be gone in just a couple of more months.

No comments: