Love, Laughs, Tickles, Teases. Frogs & Jelly Beans

Thursday, July 27, 2006

The Ants Come Marching........

One by One..... Hurrah, Hurrah!
NOT!!!
Can you get ants and other critters by osmosis?
There I was talking to Little Sis about her sugar ant problem.....Everywhere BUT in the Kitchen.....in the laundry, E's bedroom, even under her computer keyboard and in her scrapbook paper in the office. Yuck!
I'm thinking how glad I am that I don't have little kids about so I can spray the bug killer very liberally anywhere in the house I want. She has to be careful of not only E getting into everything but also the DC kiddos.
We finish talking, hang up and I'm watching a movie with the Frog (who is asleep and snoring loudly) when there he is.....
ANOTHER FOUR LEGGED LONGTAILED LITTLE VARMIT!!!!!
Crawling about on my nice clean, unsticky, freshly mopped kitchen floor without a care in the world....totally ignoring the loud and obnoxious snoring of the Frog and the blare of the TV, he meandered all along the baseboard disappeared for a moment near the dishwasher then took off under the stove. Since I learned my lesson in the last couple of encounters with his little fiendy-eyed friends I neither panicked and broke my foot , nor threw the phone and broke it. I merely got out my arsenal and set traps. This morning nothing.......
Then I got to thinking, since traps were just set a few of weeks ago in the basement when we had the place sprayed to get rid of my sugar ant issues. Where had he come from?
Then I hear it...the almost incessant dut dut dut of the jackhammer outside that has now become such a familiar soundtrack to our life that I've blocked it out.
Of course! the little guy has been evicted from his perfectly nice little burrow in the barpit next to the skunk family between my backyard and the road they've been working on for eternity. Mr & Mrs Skunk of course had the good sense to take my advice and move across the road and get a few of the more annoying cousins squished by cars during their move. But no not the Mousecowitz Family! Who knew they would be extra brave and go East instead of West? Didn't they pay any attention to little Fievel at all? I'm off to rent An American Tale 2 just incase he comes back during movie time today.

No comments: