Love, Laughs, Tickles, Teases. Frogs & Jelly Beans

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Dream Date

I woke up from a deam last night which was so incredibly real. When I realized it wasn't I began to cry.......again. Just when you think you're all cried out and you really are doing a good job of holding things in check.

Why is it always the little things which make you whack yourself upside the head and realize that being in control is all just smoke and mirrors?

Not a big dream as dreams go. The Frog was walking from the mailbox to the porch where I was sitting....in this house.....which has NEVER happened! He had four on the floor when we moved in. He's never seen the basement since it actually had a wall. Never even saw the house as we were building it except once when his brother came over and helped to get him in after it was framed. The rest of the time he sat in the car and just accepted everything on the faith that it was right for us. I remember wishing back then that I had the kind of faith in me that he does.

Perhaps that's why we still date in my dreams.....little glimpses into an eternity, where I'm still cute (but skinny) and he can walk, no run to open the door.

No comments: