Love, Laughs, Tickles, Teases. Frogs & Jelly Beans

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Too Close To Be Objective

I found this song on the internet. It's amazing what you can stumble upon. It really impressed me and touched my heart. Maybe because August 2 is when I had to have my Hysterectomy so many years ago or die of uterine cancer. Maybe because my sweet niece Heidi has gotten me hooked on the Secret Life of the American Teenager on ABCFamily on Tuesday nights and the main storyline is about teen pregnancy. Maybe I'm weird. Maybe little Lucy is filling a hole...after all I do call her Baby. Maybe it's because I'm in Young Women's and the thought of any of the girls having to go through either scenario in the song breaks my heart. Maybe it's because I could have written the song myself.....

3 comments:

Candice said...

HUGS Vicky!! I am sorry for all you've been through! You are a strong amazing individual, and even though you don't have children of your own, you are making a huge impact on your YW, neices and nephews and kids in your neighborhood! You are one in a million!!

Jeanette said...

I'm right there with you, this song rips at my heart.

I am so blessed to have four beautiful children, three here with me now, and one waiting for me on the other side. It soothes my soul, but doesn't erase the ache for the children that are missing.

I wish with all that I have in me that I could magically make you a mother, because I know you would be an amazing one.

But please know that you ARE a mother in a different way. B's Great Aunt was a better mother to him that his own mother ever could have been, and though she has no children of her own, her grave is visited several times a month, with fresh flowers and loving thoughts for a woman who was a mom even though she never gave birth.

I know you are a mom to many, because they love you like a mother. {{{Big Hugs}}} I know your heart is hurting today and I love you.

janalee said...

Jeanette used the right words- this song ripped at my heart. Thank you for sharing it- I need to remember how lucky I am to have 4 beautiful kids. Love you :)