Love, Laughs, Tickles, Teases. Frogs & Jelly Beans

Friday, March 21, 2008

A Patron of the Arts????


I am now officially a Patron of the Arts.
In my spring cleaning frenzy I decided after the roadshows I would get rid of my rather tattered looking silk Ficus Trees. So yesterday I got them loaded up and took them down the Empress Theatre. Notice how it is spelled with the "re?" That's how us Patrons in the 'Know' do it.
Actually that's how it's spelled, but I had you going there for a bit didn't I?
They were happy to get the 15 year old trees and I talked with them a bit about calling if they needed any floral design work done. After all "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers" is on the summer schedule. Plus they want first dibbs on my DI donations.
Monday night the family came with Lila and I to see their production of "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Coat". It was sold out!! Partly because there were 16 of us and we filled up the lobby when we all came in.
It was so FUN!! I'd never ever seen it before though I was familiar with some of the music. I think I liked it so much because of the kids I know that were in the production. Wade Hohlbach was hilarious as the Butler, biker caravan leader and innkeeper (it's still a small performing arts group). Courtney Heywood and Adam McKinley were also in it and they did great too. While I was there I also saw Michael Lemmon....who got his Mission Call Wenesday to the Knoxville Tennesee Mission.
All in all it was a terrific way to have Family Home Evening but not at home. The play runs every Monday, Friday & Saturday nights at 7pm til April 14th For showtimes call the Box Office at 347-7373.
Us Patron's shamelessly plug our pet projects too.

No comments: