Love, Laughs, Tickles, Teases. Frogs & Jelly Beans

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Wedding Dress Woes

So I was doing a consult with the bride and her mom and MOG this was the first time we’d met. I did my standard intro… this is Your Day and  what do you envision? MOB butts in, again and again and again! No Mom not your day but Darling Daughter’s then I asked the way wrong question……………. about the dress…………..should have known better.

Bride starts bawling!!

Lots of Drama!! For the ceremony she is wearing Mom’s dress and for the reception/dancing she is wearing MOG’s dress. WTH? Poor thing doesn’t get any choice.  She really wants to wear MOG’s but not her mom’s.  MOB is not having any of that!  Mom’s dress has been through 3 weddings already and is FUGLY!  Way weird! go get your own dress!

No can’t do that can’t afford $2500.00 gown!! Except for 2 weddings and the weird ones on TV I honestly can’t remember any bride  spending near that much. Hell mine was only just over $75.00!

Granny B and Aunt Carla made my dress. It was the perfect dress for me. Empire waist with lace bodice, sleeves and  lace  train with more lace around the hem.  I still remember how horrified Mom was when I cut up the detachable train and used the lace as a table cloth and dresser scarf.  I see that every time I walk in my bedroom. I also used the lace as snowflakes on our Christmas tree. I “busted out” after a few years and couldn’t wear the dress to the temple any more so it’s in the cedar chest with the veil.

I totally plan to mention to the Bride to have  a Rock the Dress or Trash the Dress type photo shoot.  If she does it as part of her Bridal’s she won’t have to worry about which dress to wear the Big Day!

I’m sooo brilliant!!

No comments: