Love, Laughs, Tickles, Teases. Frogs & Jelly Beans

Thursday, September 16, 2010

South Pacific

The musical just got over. I missed the beginning, too busy watching Nate Berkus’s show I guess. Anyway I just love it! Mitzi Gaynor, Rossano Brazzi, John Kerr just the best cast ever! Totally better by far than the remake with Glenn Close, though I liked Harry Connick, Jr alot more as Lt. Cable.

Every time I see it I’m back in High School again. Back in the day when we used record players I had an LP with the Original Broadway cast that I found in Granny B’s basement. I played it over and over.  For some reason the record was a clear yellow colour. Funny what you remember.

During our Swing Choir trip to Stevenson my Junior year it was on TV the night we got totally busted. We were a bit too loud singing along. LOL (Whole ‘nother story)

When I was a Senior at Kearns this was the musical that we did. It was the only thing I really got involved in that year. I tried out mostly because I knew every song.  My audition piece was Bali Hai and when I was called back I did I’m in Love With Wonderful Guy. It was pretty obvious I didn’t look Tonganeese so I didn’t get to play Bloody Mary but I was the understudy for the Nellie Forbush role, Lisa Bell was the lead and she didn’t get sick so I was a nurse in the chorus. I did get to get her wet onstage in the shower scene “Wash that Man”. It was a lot of fun and I still know every song.  Too bad I’m nobody’s 101lb Honey Bun now.

490732169_8c5b9cf8d9_o[1]

No comments: