Love, Laughs, Tickles, Teases. Frogs & Jelly Beans

Sunday, May 10, 2009

So here it is Mother's Day and I totally skipped out on the whole flower at church thing...again. Last year on Mother's Day I was busy sitting and waiting for cabin colours and flight numbers to be called. Brother Blane and I were getting off the ship and flying home from our Alaska Cruise. I spent alot of time reading the final chapters of book 3 of the Twilight series, in fact I started Twilight at the airport going to Seattle and finished Eclipse just a few minutes before we touched down in Salt Lake.
Today I made Gluten Free Spaghetti, last year we dined on Anthony's superb Halibut au Gratin inside SeaTac. Totally worth the $$$ though I do remember freaking out that it was almost $70 for the 2 of us for lunch! Nothing like the taste of a jet set lifestyle.
Instead today i made the time to watch all 3 1/2 hours of Schindler's List. I've only ever seen it all the way through once before. It was right after it came out but it made a huge impact on me. The last week or so it's been all about older movies. Not Classics but stuff that came out in the 80's and 90's. I think movie scripts were better. More acting and a lot less blowing shit up. That being said I am going to make time for Star Trek and Wolverine this week. LOL
But today Schindler's List and Spaghetti suited my mood.

No comments: