Love, Laughs, Tickles, Teases. Frogs & Jelly Beans

Friday, December 12, 2008

Deal or No Deal, A New Name or How my mouth ran away with my commonsense.....




You all are going to have to help me come up with a new name. The Smurfmobile doesn't fit the FIT anymore. This FIT is Blackberry Pearl rather than Ocean Pearl Blue. Smurf-Mobile is being detailed at Stockton to Malone Honda and getting ready for a new relationship.





Why????


Funny you should ask.....





Ever done something just for the Hell of it? Maybe you are doing it for one of the following reasons while waiting for your current car to get it's oil change, tires rotated and a new tire mounted and balanced cuz you noticed a weird bulge that didn't look good on that one there......


a) you have an hour+ to kill so you took a look at the new model to see if they fixed all your peeves with the one you were driving


b) as fast as you read, the book you brought will be done in 20 minutes unless you actually read the book group discussions at the end


c) your Little Imp of Mischief was just daring you to yank someone's chain. So you made a bunch of crazy @$$ demands and conditions that no Credit Manager in their right mind would ever go for so you figured you were safe


d) you were thirsty, wanted a soda, had no change and knew agreeing to a test drive would get you one for free


e) all of the above





The correct answer dear readers is E) ALL of the above





For the record this was my list of requirements to the question of "Well what will it take for you to drive this baby home?"





1- Absolutely not one thin dime out of my pocket. (My current savings balance is about $25 and checking has just a bit more than $100)..... this was where I thought I'd be laughed out of the showroom and back to the Service Lounge


2- Payments on the new vehicle were the same amount as I was paying for the Smurfmobile.


3- Interest rate was below 6% and loan could not exceed 5 years


4- Dealer's Bumper to Bumper Extended Warranty on top of Honda's New Car 3yrs/36000 was included at NO ADDITONAL cost so I could drive the new one for 70,000 miles with no worries. After all I'd paid good money for something it turns out I didn't need since there was still 16800 miles left on the Manufacturer's warranty on Smurfy........ I thought sure this was going to be a deal breaker


5- Finally because I'd already paid for the new tire and the cabin filter at the Service Desk so I wanted a check cut back to me for that $234 if I was trading Smurfy in.....after all they would have done it anyway if they had just took him back "As Is" when I'd brought him in





Things went back and forth a bit, I just kept reading my storybook and sipping my Free Pepper Pop and kept saying "I told you what it would take" til the pagey thing announced Smurfy was all bathed and ready to go. Then I got up, gathered my stuff and headed for the door and said to my Salesman " Thanks for trying anyway" and then the Credit Manager guy came tearing out of the office and said "Wait!! Wait!! we can do this entire deal with this as a payment.....$10 more per month" with EVERY other freaky stupid dumbass demand of mine was met.



Or do you think it had something to do with the fact that there was NOBODY else even in the showroom and 5 salesmen were just standing about doing nothing the entire time?

So now I'm driving Miss Blackberry Pearl 2009 which sounds a bit more "growed up" but is still just as freaking fun to drive, has an armrest, better storage and is safer since the back headrests aren't blocking your view. OOooohh and it locks my doors automatically when you go over 10mph so Patty won't have to keep reminding me.


For other details of the differences between the 2 model years go to http://honda.com/



2 comments:

janalee said...

Oooh, I like it!!! How about Pearl? LOL, since she does seem a bit classier than the Smurfmobile was...

Unknown said...

Wow bootyful car! I love it. You are makin me yank somebodys chain too!

p.s. seriously I get the funniest verification words on your blog, it suits the person I guess!