Love, Laughs, Tickles, Teases. Frogs & Jelly Beans

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Steadfast and Immovable



This was the introductory video shown at the RNC to let us know a bit about the Republican Party's Vice-presidential nominee Gov. Sarah Palin of Alaska.
The more I read about her the more I'm liking her. She connects with alot of people who just want some plain old fashioned commonsense from those who govern us.

I'm also feeling much much more comfortable with John McCain. I just finished reading his book Faith of My Fathers. It was amazing!! It is all about his family and his experiences as a prisoner of war in Veitnam by the VeitCong. He had oportunities to be released sooner but didn't take them and spent more than 5 years as a POW.

At church we constantly hear the phrase that we grow to love those who we serve. This man has been serving his country almost all his life. For those 5 years if for nothing else this man will have my vote come November. He knows alot about Duty and Honour. He knows how to stand steadfast in the face of oppostion and cruel adversity. He freely admits that his captors did break him but because of the encouragement he got from his companions he was able to find the strength to resist them all over again the next time he was tortured beyond all endurance. Steadfast and Immovable I like that.

No comments: