Love, Laughs, Tickles, Teases. Frogs & Jelly Beans

Monday, November 12, 2007

Primary Sharing Time

This has been a really crazy weekend. Early Saturday morning I got up and made lots and lots of hashbrowns. Then it was off to the church house for our Teacher Appreciation Breakfast that I'd made the invitations for last week. A quick trip to the store and it was back to the church in time for the Primary Ice Cream Social for all the kids who had gotten the Articles of Faith memorized and passed off. We had 6 kids who had gotten all 13 done! Woo Hoo!! The youngest was 5yr old Elizabeth, she passed off 3 to me just that morning. Way to go! Trisha got an extra Marachino Cherry on her Banana Split since she was the first to pass them all off.
I was a bit worried that there would be a bit of jealousy from the popsicles group but we gave the Bananas their own special table and everyone still had alot of fun and no one did they "hey they got more" bit. They all seemed to understand that next year if they want the whole sundae they need to pass more off.
Sunday it was off to Sacrament Meeting then I had to do Sharing Time in Primary. I took Chloe in her Pilgrim outfit ( here she is last fall with little Myles) We talked about how nice it was not to be whipped or persecuted for our beliefs and some of the things that make us grateful to be members like learning the stories and songs in Primary.
Then we played Shower Ball the whole rest of the time. Later I asked Trisha what she had learned and she said "when you're having fun so is everyone else" which probably wasn't the point I should have been making but they all sit so still for Sacrament Meeting that I can't bear for them to have to sit and listen to me and the actual class lessons too. It's hard for me and I'm old. They all had fun though I changed the rules a bit and didn't make them put on the robes, or towels to answer they did get squirted when they missed the questions or the basket.
Then last night it was back to the meeting house for Priesthood Preview with the 11 yr old boys.
It's funny I'm still not very comfortable but I really love these little folks. I can act silly and they don't judge, they just go along with me wherever I lead. It's only been a few weeks but I'm sooo going to miss them when I'm released.

No comments: