Love, Laughs, Tickles, Teases. Frogs & Jelly Beans

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Father's Day!!


I used to always avoid attending church on occaision's like today. But today I went. It wasn't so bad. Weird I know but when you spend years trying and you have no children, it hurts to see all those Mom's getting Flowers and Dad's getting PayDay candy bars (today's gifts to Dad's, how appropriate!).
I tried calling Daddy but they must be out to Jacque's or still in Church. I've been thinking alot about him this week. Mom said he'd fallen again on Monday turning the sprinklers on outside. He was looking pretty frail at the Frog's funeral I know I need to figure a way to get up there soon for a visit. One of my fondest earliest memories of Daddy was a time we went up in a little plane one of the guys in the ward was piloting and swooping low to see the trailer house. I felt so special to get to go, we did a couple of loop-de-loops and I didn't even get sick. Pretty cool when you only about 6.
Yesterday was nephew Brandon's wedding to Bridget. They looked so cute. The Mayor conducted the ceremony and he really talked alot....as in way too much. The fellows in the row in front of me were terribly bored, but that could have been because they had both finished their beers during the service. Their colours were Hot Pink and Bright Yellow (colours I have don't together in forever) but they blended beautifully. Karen had on a Hot pink dress as Mother of the Groom and B's sister was the Matron of Honour in yellow. I think Lila and Mrs Schultz were surprised to get corsages but I love it when the Grandmas and Grandpa's are honoured that way too. I almost always do white bows since you're never sure what they will be wearing. I thought it was cute that both of Bridget's G'pa's thought enough of her that they wore yellow shirts.neither of them thought much about what they were wearing til I mentioned it when I was pinning on the boutonnieres, then one said "I'm just as festive as all the rest now aren't I?"
Bridget even called me today about noon to say thanks again. It's so nice to be appreciated for my talents. I thank God for blessing me so much. It was awfully hot outside and the wind just really blew but it was nice. After my job was over I went over to Nat's to pick up a SIU SB swap. So nice of her to ask me in for a bit, it was cool in her home and the swap I picked up were fabulous!!

No comments: