Love, Laughs, Tickles, Teases. Frogs & Jelly Beans

Monday, May 17, 2010

Hello My Friends

In a few months I'll be traveling on up to Washington to see my folks. While I'm there I plan on attending  the Connell High School Reunion for Classes '79 and '80. It should be alot of fun! Thanks to Facebook  I've been getting alot friend requests and doing some reconnecting and catching up.  It's amazing to me how much we've all changed, yet remained the same after 30 years. I marvel at the things we've accomplished. I mourn for those we've lost along the way. I wish I had been a better friend, there are so many I lost contact with all those years ago when we moved to Salt Lake City, Utah my Senior year.
Oh how I hated it! I hated going from being the girl who knew everyone in our small pond to practically drowning in the great lake waters of Kearns High. There the Class of 1979 had a little over 1000 students and over 3500 in the school. I will never forget my first week of school there.... I practically starved to death because I just could not seem to find the cafeteria. I had such a full class schedule because of the way none of my Freshman year's credits were counted. I had to re-take/make up a ton of work. I'd been in Algebra but had to take Basic Math, I was a TA in Home Ec in Connelll but had to go to Sewing 101 and  Cooking Basics.  Hello? I pretty much made all my own clothes from Jr High on. I always wanted to ask them just how they thought a meal got on the table at home if Jac and I didn't make it. It still took a waiver from the School Board to graduate because I was still 1 1/2 credits short. It took awhile to make new friends, we were just begining to know each other and then we graduated and went our separate ways.
I will never forget my small town roots. Maybe that's why I love living here on the edge in Magna. It still feels small town to me. I go to the grocery and I see people I know and a quick trip turns into an hour long catch up. But if I 've got the price of a ticket I'm minutes away from the Opera, Ballet or Symphony. I can visit the Zoo, shop in just about any national chain and if I want to see stars I just drive to Park City the last week of January. Life is what you make it and I think mine is turning out okay.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love it...I never ate at the cafeteria cuz.....well the 7 was right around the corner and a slurpee was callin my name....but that was in '96. LOL