Love, Laughs, Tickles, Teases. Frogs & Jelly Beans

Friday, May 07, 2010

Bad Things Come in Three’s or waiting for the other shoe to drop

Pulled into the garage Late Saturday night and smelled a funky smell that didn't smell so well. Checked, it wasn't the trash. Then I noticed it, the Dreaded Sound of Silence. No need to go after it, the freezer wasn't running. Total Loss. No ice crystals anywhere, not even a hint of coolness! Damn thing had to have been off for days.

So Sunday after Church I changed into old clothes. Gloved up and went to work. Rough guess I probably lost close to $300 worth of food. Then I mopped it all out with PINE SOL then waited a bit and wiped it all down with Clorox Bleach. Still a funky smell out there but I’m thinking that will go away when I hose out the garage floor and it’s still a bit too cold for that.

Monday I went to Costco to try and get a start on building up the freezers inventory and the stupid membership expired. I asked could I get a courtesy slide on renewing and they said no so to get what I needed I had to pay up. It dawned on me walking out that I didn;t have anywhere close to $200 worth of stuff so I looked and the renewal was $100!!!! Blane and I have some sort of business account……

Then the washing machine died. It’s death was slow and ugly. For months now the trigger that sends the washer into a spin cycle has been broke. I had to set the timer for the agitate cycle when it went off I had to go and open the lid then close it and it would spin out and refill then another open and shut to spin the rinse water out. That all changed the other day. Darn thing freaked out and it sounded like there was a helicopter in there. It ground to a halt but not before something cracked up inside and you could smell burnt wiring.

Of course it didn’t end there……. the water barrel part cracked up and there was a flood of water. I was bailing as fast as I could be the rug in the bathroom still got soaked thru. The floor didn’t buckle but some Christmas down in the storeroom got wet. No fabric and no Santas were harmed.

So I had a new washer to buy

It came today and didn’t fit the space!!! I couldn’t even close the door to the garage and that’s not going to work. So they had to change everything back out and get one that would fit. It’s pretty close but I can close the door  now. There is all of 1/2” of clearance.

So my question is when does the bleeding money stop? OR WHAT’S NEXT?

Is it the new glasses I need or will I be getting collection calls now I’ve maxed out every credit card I own….

Only time will tell.

2 comments:

Christy said...

I was going to say you could use my washer (such as it is) but you already fixed that problem! Sounds like you've had your share of annoyances!! But I count three already: the freezer, the costco card, and the washer--your done! Sunny days ahead! =)

Unknown said...

I agree with Christy nuttin' but sunnyshine now! :)