Love, Laughs, Tickles, Teases. Frogs & Jelly Beans

Friday, February 06, 2009

Safely Gathered In



I've been experimenting with a bunch of different flours this month. I've even baked cookies twice!! Shopped til I dropped at the case lot sale. Bought a few small self rotating can racks for the store room. Tossed a few out of date items.....like the yeast TK used at Christmas. To be fair I didn't even know I had yeast in the fridge, but since it was more than 10 YEARS out of date I guess I'd better start wiping down the doors more often. LOL The shelves need to get the once over much more frequently too.
Anyway this is all leading up to a bit of a very funny article I saw in my LDS newsletter. Go ahead laugh a bit...I spit milk out through my nose as I was reading it.

Top Ten Signs you don't have enough food storage!

10 - The beanbag chair in your living room holds every legume in your house.

9 - Your plan for survival is to move in with your parents.

8 - The only items you have purchased that would last your family a full year are garlic powder and toothpaste.

7 - You are hopeful that your children will learn to savor the taste of boiled wheat three times a day.

6 - Your entire reserve of drinking water is sloshing around in your waterbed.

5 - You asked for a case of soup for your birthday.

4 - After being discovered, your year's supply of granola bars was eaten in just two weeks.

3 - You are extremely proud of your year's supply of salt.

2 - Every time you need flour your borrow it from your neighbor.

and the number one sign you don't have enough food storage---You feel carefree after stashing away a year's supply of pizza coupons. (Latter-Day Saint Wit and Wisdom, p. 21).

BTW if you want some fabulous ideas to use every inch of space for storage you owe it to yourself to go to Flicker.com and type in food storage and look at any photo tagged with Linda & Clark. This gal is awesome!! I've decided that she must teach this stuff somewhere because wow she's got some neat ideas. And I stole the photos from her.

1 comment:

Gayla said...

I have pantry envy at your lovely stocked and organized pantry!!! Way to go! I laughed at your list... Year's supply of garlic powder and toothpaste indeed! haha..