Love, Laughs, Tickles, Teases. Frogs & Jelly Beans

Sunday, February 08, 2009

Limited

In the musical "Wicked" which BTW, I stood in line 3 hours for tickets only to be told they were sold out about 30 people before me, there is a song called "Defying Gravity" Love Love Love that song!! Some people call it the I hope you're happy song. Anyway some of the lines go like this
Something has changed within me.
Something is not the same.
I'm through with playing by the rules of someone elses game.
Too late for second-guessing.
Too late to go back to sleep!
It's time to trust my instincs.
Close my eyes, and leap!
It's time to try defying gravity

Then later:
I'm through accepting limits,
'Cuz someone says they're so!
Some things I cannot change,
but 'till I try, I'll never know!


Good advice Right? So for the last few months I've been trying to find a Quote to go over the north window in the sCrapbook room downstairs. I've mulled over and discarded a whole bunch of really good ones. Actually spelling out LLTTF&JB, Well behaved women rarely make history, .......there are all sorts of very good ones out there. I'd practically decided for sure on a quote from Maya Angelou that says "You cannot use up Creativity. The more you use, the more you have"That was then
This is now...I stumbled upon this thought
"Never be limited by other people's limited imaginations"
Perhaps I shall use them both.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I like both of them. Very cute

Christy said...

That song reminds me of one of my favorite poems from the new era contests:
Who’s Crazy
By Dayle King Searle, New Era, Jan 1984, 51
“You’re crazy,” they said, “to aim for the stars.
The stars are much, much too high.”
“You’re silly!” they shouted. “Look at yourself;
You’re human, you can’t even fly.”
And so as I jumped and sprang and leaped,
Laughing they all stood around.
I did not reach the stars, as they said,
But at least my feet left the ground.
______
I love it! =) I just read Wicked. DIDN'T love it. Too bad because initially I thought his writing was brilliant. But I'll never read him again. But I hear the musical is much better. Too bad you missed it. Someone told me that it's easier to get in in California and cheaper, too. But who can afford to go to California, right? Take care!