Love, Laughs, Tickles, Teases. Frogs & Jelly Beans

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Big News

I made COOKIES!!!!!
The end of the world as we know it is now much closer to the end.
I know this because I never ever baked cookies when I did do alot of baking. I baked Brownies or Lemon Bars but never ever cookies. In fact the last time I recall baking actual cookies was having Heidi help me make Snickerdoodles. Since I think this was during a trip long before Emelia was even born, it was quite some time ago. Hence the title of this post. After all Em is now 5 1/2
But I had Bananas that... while not too bad...... looked truly awful. Someday some one will figure out a way to keep bananas from going brown and growing hairy mold where they connect to others in the same bunch.
But I digress
Back to my story
Since I haven't baked in awhile it took a little bit of brainpower and quite a bit of effort to bring forth my culinary creations. (When you eat Gluten Free you get a bit experimental when it comes to baking without traditonal flour) It also took TIME.
Which is why I've never liked baking cookies. You plop spoonfuls of the dough on the baking sheet, pop it in the oven and then wait for 10-15 minutes for the timer to go off. You then remove the baked cookies to a rack to cool, scrape the burnt on bits off the pan into the sink only to plop some more dough on and jam it into the oven to hurry up and wait for the timer to go off once again. You then continue to repeat these manuvers until you run out of dough, time or patience. Since I had 5 bananas that needed to be used I doubled the recipe. Only one pan fits into the oven at a time.....It took 2 1/2 hours to bake all of the cookies and I was using heaping spoonfuls of the cookie batter.
Which is why I don't see alot of cookies in my future........unless there is a fire.
At which point I expect you all to back me up and swear to the insurance adjuster that my oven was a definitly a convection oven with gas burners.

Which is why I don't bake cookies.....except for the other night.

No comments: