Love, Laughs, Tickles, Teases. Frogs & Jelly Beans

Monday, October 31, 2011

What’s Up? Chicken Butt!

That’s what TD always says. He’d be only half right. I don’t care if I never see another Chicken Breast right now.

I bought 40lbs of boneless skinless chicken breast for $1.49 per lb from Zaycon Foods on Saturday. I just finished getting them all re-packaged and in the freezer. There wasn’t a lot of fat but I did need to cut it all off. Lucy loved that part. The problem was that these were full breasts and they were so plump that 1/2 a breast would feed 3 people.

So I borrowed a food saver and got to work. I worked, the food saver didn’t. So late Saturday night I bought a new one. It worked wonderfully! It didn’t cost too much but once you add that in with the bags for it my great deal ended up costing me way too much.

But the good news is I have 52 packages of chicken in my deep freeze. A whole years supply if I only eat chicken once a week.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hey I did the same thing, so between chicken and butternut squash we are set LOL